Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Star of the Day

Happy Wednesday,

I hope everyone is having a great week! I am really loving this Florida weather. It is hard to believe it is almost the middle of November. I hope you will join us over at Midweek Magnolia's challenge "Flourishes".

I have decided to decorate my sitting room for Christmas shabby chic - ocean theme.  My son and his wife have been buying me a sea theme ornament for Christmas and I found a white flocked twig Christmas tree that would be perfect.

I found this star shaped box at Hobby Lobby and wasn't quite sure what I would created. Then I found these beautiful large starfish. Thus decided this would be perfect for my ocean theme.  Below I have given the steps I used to create my box.


A great gift box.

The tag can also be used as an ornament


Close of the cover

Another view of the box.

I painted the box with Gesso, applied Tim Holtz tissue paper with Modge Podge. Once this was dry I sponged the edges of the star with Prima Bloom Spray - Gold Foil, Pressed Petal and Glistening Waves then I glued the floral trim. The box cover, tag, bottom of the box were sprayed with the Gold Foil spray. The starfish was sprayed with Glistening Waves. I used Magnolia Doohickey poinsettia dies and Cherry Lynn large and small flourish. The stamp is Tilda with Candle from Magnolia. I colored her with Copic Markers, used some shabby white frantage to give her a little sparkle and on her flower band I used Perfect Pearls for the center of the flower. I used Prima wooden embellishments and painted them Viva Decor Gold paint. To complete my design I added pearl bling, netting, tulle, raffia.

Thanks for stopping by!

I am entering my project in the following challenges:

Magnolia Licious -Holiday Blog Hop
Stamp and Create Magnolia - #48 Winter or Fall Images with Punches or Die Cuts
Magnolia Mania - #100 Box or Bag
Tilda's Town - #129 Anything Goes

15 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, it will look wonderful with your Ocean themed Christmas!
    Thanks for playing in our Holiday Blog Hop at Magnolia-Licious and Good Luck in the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really beautiful Karen, love it
    hugs
    céline
    and thanks for playing with us at tilda's town

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, love the star box and yummy goodies, great idea., Thanks so much for joining us at Magnolia-Licious for the Holiday Hop, Good Luck
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful project! I love the shape! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Tilda's Town! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely box so beautiful!!

    Hugs Marrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, this is as gorgeous as it is clever! Love the entire design, fab coloring, and all the details! (Really love what you put in the box, too, lol!) :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your box is beautiful! I love the floral trim and the colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Mania.

    Hugs,
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! what an amazing gift combo this is Karen, love the design, embellies and that sweet Tilda with yummy chocolate included. What more could a girl ask for. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. All so beautiful! I love that box and the colors are scrumptious!
    hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Tilda coloring and creation! Thanks for linking up to Tilda's Town Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a romantic elegant gift set! I love everything about it! The colors and the JOY is perfectly placed, great colors and paper, love it all, especially the star fish, gorgeous set for a lucky person!
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's a pretty box! I love it! thanks for joining us at tilda's town
    Helene dt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling box, Karen. Tilda looks adorable and love all the pretty elements you used. Thank you for sharing it with us during our Magnolia-licious Holiday Blog Hop.
    Hugz,
    Cath

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your comments mean so much to me!